which would you rather?

Stay home with your children[assuming your SO makes enough for bills etc],
or spend that time working so you have extra money for 'high end' onesies they're going to crap all over?
hahaha

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 10:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• stay at home.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I'd rather stay at home. I've bought some high-end baby things, but I've equally bought very inexpensive baby items. I stopped buying all of the designer crap for myself a few years ago when I realized it's not "cool" to try to show off money. It's tacky. I buy things for quality, and if I have to pay more for something that will last, that's one thing...but to show it off is entirely another. But anyways, back to the question at hand...I'd rather stay at home regardless, which I do.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• my husband can pay all the bills and everything, and i work part time because i want to, and so i can do fun things with my kids when i am off. then money i make is " grocery/fun money". I have a friend that has twins she works full time and pays for day care 220.00 a week... after all is said and done she only has like 150.00 left every month.. thats is not enough money to keep me away form my kids 5 days a week !
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• stay at home with my baby. I don't like someone else take care of my little one.
    Proud2bJmom

Answer by Proud2bJmom at 10:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I would also like to add...a baby would much rather have it's mother than a baby Gucci outfit, if they had to choose.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• While I admit that I'd rather stay home (and I do), it's not my place to judge someone that wants to work. The lady down the street from me works full time and she really doesn't need to, she just prefers to get out of the house. Of course she buys some high end stuff for her kids and some things she buys at Target so whatever...
    Anonymous

• I mean especially when you have a child who isn't even in school yet.
    I'm planning on going back to work once my daughter is in pre-k or whatever, but I feel much better sacrificing material objects to stay home with her. She's 4 months :)
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I would stay home part time. I need adult interaction and can't stay home all day long, I would go crazy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• We could afford for me to stay home,but I choose to work. I like that extra money for myself, and besides with 3 children work keeps my sane..
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• i work to pay for WoW...My car....fun things for my kid..
    Lez_Lizzard

Answer by Lez_Lizzard at 11:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2009