• In the Spotlight:

What is wrong with dressing your kids in label brand clothing only?

I admit it I would never dress my teenager in second hand clothes or walmart clothes. I work to buy the clothes I do. Why should someone look down on me because I spend $60 on a pair of jeans or $50 for a shirt for my kid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I see nothing wrong with it as long as you can afford it.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• If you can afford it thats great, just teach your children and yourself not to judge the children that wear less than expensive clothing, because it is not the childs fault that the parents can't afford name brands.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I agree with Judith
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 10:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• its your money, your choice.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 10:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• If you can afford it...nothing is wrong with it. But what pisses me off is when people who do spend that kind of money on clothing look down on people who don't...I live this constantly as my SIL can be like this.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 10:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I would not teach my kid to look down on the kids that don't wear the same brand. But there has been kids that have made comments about how my child only wears certain brands.
    Anonymous

• Anon 10:21: That isn't right either.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 10:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I wouldn't look down on you unless you were doing it to brag or show off. Not to mention, $50 or$60 isn't that much. I think what people have more of a problem with is when you spend a few hundred an item. At least that's what I think of when I think of bigger name brands. I'd rather spend $60 on a pair of jeans that will last than spend $15 on a bunch of pairs that won't. the main problem people have is the people who CAN afford to spend that looking down on them because they can't. Children should be just as happy regardless of the brand of their clothing.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I know some of you are gonna think Im crazy but what are some other name brands besides Gap? cuz thats the only name brand I know of! lol.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Uh if you look back at what you said in the other post, you were being VERY judgemental about people shopping at walmart/target.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2009