How soon after having a baby can one get pregnant?

Isn't it about 6+ months after giving birth that one is able to get preg. again? I hope so because after almost 2 months after our child was born I finally gave into my husband and gave him sx, but then there were a couple mornings afterwards I'd wake up and my pj bottoms were off (nothing new by my husband) - yes my husband enjoyed himself. I hadn't thought anything of it but then looking back at when my lmp was and all I couldn't believe it but when sx occured those x's I was ovulating and no my husband did not use a condom. So now I'm wondering if I could get preg. this soon after having a baby or was my friend right in saying not to worry until after 6 mths?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• nope you can get pregnant waay before 6 months... i work at a dr's office and we we have 2 sisters as patients that are only 10 months apart! true story!!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• You could get pregnant at ANY time after giving birth. I had my first period before my 6 week appointment after my second son's birth, which means I ovulated even sooner than that. I also got pregnant with my second son at 4 months postpartum.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• If you don't breastfeed you can get pregnant a few weeks after giving birth. According to the World Health Organization it is best to wait until your baby is 24 months old before trying to conceive.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• You can get pregnant the very first time you ovulate again. Tell your husband to have the consideration to wake you up and ask first next time.
    JoyeAustin

Answer by JoyeAustin at 10:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• u can get prego very fast after u give birth, u are more fertile! believe me i know i am prego again! 7 months now and my son is only 8 months..
    Anonymous

• Why is your husband having sex with you while your sleeping? And yes, you can get pregnant again right away.
    LizBiz86

Answer by LizBiz86 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2009