first deployment

so i think i am more emotional than most military wives but its really hard! i keep crying and it just freakin hurts and sucks! 224 more days (he just left yesterday) anything that can make the time pass faster or at least ease the pain?

lovedwifey1708

Asked by lovedwifey1708 at 10:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• stay busy!!! it'll get better.. then it will get hard again. and believe you me... distance DOES make the heart grow fonder!!!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• did he take a laptop so you can talk to him every day? that is what my SIL did, It made it easier on us

Answer by admckenzie at 10:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Stay busy! Don't ever count on getting specific times to talk or e-mail. There is no constant and you will be scared and hurt if your left waiting. Also, a tip my husband gave me was to go about your life as close to normal as you can and when you e-mail (if you get to, I'm sure you will) give him every little detail, goofy story whatever. He would never tell me (or anyone else) what was going on but loved reading my e-mails about work and friends and things I had been thinking about.
    Think of one thing you have always wanted to do, and learn to do it while he is away. When he comes home show off your new skill. Maybe take a trip to see friends and family, or find a fun part time job.
    Anonymous

• Like everyone else said stay busy. My hubby left a few weeks ago. Don't count the days until he comes home. I got a job and pay my mom to babysit for me. It helps pass the time and I get adult interaction. Good luck. This is our second deployment and we have been married 5 years. The first deployment was when we were together 11 months and married for 3 months and had my son and I was pregnant with our daughter.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:23 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Believe it or not, you will get used to it.. You may not ever come to like it, but you will get used to it.. My husband was a sniper in the Marine Corps.. Not only would he leave for loooong periods of time, I had no idea where he was going, what he was doing or when he would be home.. Or if he would come home in a coffin..
    He works on an oil rig in Africa now.. He is away for a total of 6 months every year.. You will get used to it..
    I feel for ya..
    Mad_Hexer

Answer by Mad_Hexer at 2:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2009