I think about killing myself all the time. I know I can't because I have three kids to take care of....

I am a single parent and I'm so tired that it seems the only way to get some rest. I work 6 days a week in a dead end job and come home to a messy house and kids who don't appreciate anything. My children's father left and does not help out financially. I haven't met any of the goals I set for myself and I know I never will. I do not feel like I am mentally ill, just very, very tired of struggling. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Health

• Yes!! My goodness you have the weight of the world on your shoulders it probably feels..you are doing A LOT!! God never gives you more than you can handle turn to him and pray give Him your burdens and wait on Him, He'll help ease your struggles. All I can say is pray I know good things will happen for you, you are a plugger I admire single moms for all their strength and independence.
    Anonymous

• hugsomg this could have been me writing this a few yrs back! Did you have the state file for c s for you? I had three kids too but we made it through. You will too. Please hang in there

Answer by admckenzie at 10:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• This is NOT normal, you need to see a doctor for depression and get help. There is nothing wrong with needing help. If you have friends or family that can help you out, ask them. Never not accept help. I am a single parent and the less I accepted help, the more depressed and tired I got. You will accomplish your goals, it just may take a little longer and be a little harder. I know you can do it. Hang in there.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• this is why i get pissed when these whiner married women cry they think they are like single moms. NO they are not and have no clue what it is like.
    Anonymous

• See a doctor as soon as you can. Call the suicide hotline. 1-800-448-3000

Answer by Bmat at 10:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Try some 5htp for your depression if you have no medical problems that would prohibit it. That is what keeps me from going over the edge

Answer by admckenzie at 10:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• GET CS ON HIS ASS!!!!! you shound like a great mother! make a chore list for your kids, Sit them down and tell them mommy needs help in the house while your at work.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I think it sounds like you're not only exhausted but depressed. You have a lot on your plate, and it feels like it's never going to end. However, life is constantly changing and so will your life. Please talk with someone about this. You can change your life and feel better. You just need a way to release what you're feeling so you can feel better. Is there anyone you can talk to? A priest, rabbi, friend, parent, sibling, therapist, a student psychology major at a local college, etc.? Please do.
    Anonymous

• pm me if you want

Answer by admckenzie at 10:34 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• You need to get your doc to check you and get on some med for depression. I had postpartum depression. I know you have already had 3 kids and its not exactly postpartum for you but you need help. Please get it.
    lilmomma998

Answer by lilmomma998 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2009