How can I get my milk to dry up?

I have heard of cabbage leaves, but I dont use it for anything in my house, so I really am not sure about buying a whole head just to try to dry up my milk. What else works? I heard something about cold meds?? How long does that take? Do I need to take more than one dose? Something like a dose a day for X amount of days? My son is going to be 1 year in just 5 days and I have not nursed in a week, no leaking or anything, but tonight I seem to have some leaking going on. Help???

nicky5053

Asked by nicky5053 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It will go away on its own within a week or so, just bare with it...
    Anonymous

• Agree with Anon plus do not stimulate your nipples or let warm water hit your breasts since it stimulates milk flow.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I had a baby three weeks ago and was not going to breastfeed. the dr told me not to let warm water hit my nipples and did suggest i put cabbage leaves in my sports bra. he told me to only wear sports bras bc they gave better support. he also told me to wear a binder...basically it was a large ace bandage or back support thing. i tightly wrapped it around my chest and wore it 24/7 for a few days. i had no pain and no leaking...it just went away :)
    Anonymous