How Young Is TOO Young To Have A Baby?

MTV has a new show my husband and I watch called "16 And Pregnant". We like to tease that, although I'm 24, I look like a pregnant 16 year old and should go on the show. That's beside the point.What age is too young to have a baby? What age is appropriate? What would you tell your kid?

Gothiclovesick

Asked by Gothiclovesick at 10:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Entertainment

• Anon 3:01 I am not married and had to go on PA for a while so does that mean I should not have had my DD when her daddy and I had a plan but while I was pregnant things happened? No that means things happen sometimes. I was 21 when she was born and he was 28. I was working and he was starting a tattoo buisness. I was put on bedrest and he hurt his hand beyond repair so we were both out of a job and after my DD was born I went to school because I had been stupid and dropped out of high school and needed my GED.So I did that then I moved 2 months ago and have not been able to find a job my DDs father does help as much as he can but with his hand still hurt he can not tattoo for long or too many in one day. I think even though those things happened my DD is the best person to ever come into my life.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Anything under 18 is just wrong age time. I think the appropriate age after you are an adult is whenever you can take care of the child financially and emotionally.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• anything younger than 40 is too young. LOL
    Anonymous

• That's a tough one. I think if your old enough to support yourself and be on your own then your old enough. I don't necessarily think it's right but if you can't support yourself and your baby then you shouldn't be getting pregnant. There are exceptions to the rule though. I've known people who took precautions and still ended up pg. I have a friend who got pg at 16. She's 23 now has 4 kids, is married, they all have the same dad and she owns her own home. Anyway, I know there's a point in there somewhere, lol.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• It really depends on maturity....some women are 35 and have yet to grow up and some are super responsable at 16
    but I think nobody can be mature enough under the age of 16.
    I went to a teen mom school at 18 and sorry not one girl under 16 was really mature enough to be a self-less mom
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Depends on your love life & finaces, I wouldn't think anyoen under 21.
    Anonymous

• im 16 an pregnant an even though i have my own place an job an all that stuff i think i shouldve waited because even though i have all that an i am machure for my age i still have alot i wanna do in life an with a child i cant exactly do that as easy so i guess it just depends ihad a point in there somewhere lol
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• i honestly think anyone still in high school is to young to have a baby
    teens need to think about the furture
    i was 17 with my first and i do wish i had waited
    i also hate that show you just wait and see how many teens get pregnant now becuase hey they can be on MTV
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I don't feel that this question can be answered generally. I think it depends on the maturity level of the parents. I know people that at 17 had kids and were fabulous parents, and people that are 40+ that never should have procreated.

Overall however, I think that being at least 18-21 would be a guideline because until that time one is not legally able to sign contracts such as a lease etc. (This depends on the state as well).
    kate3937

Answer by kate3937 at 9:03 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Personally I think anyone still in high school is too young. And no I am not dissing teen moms. Heck I was 23 when I had my first and I think I was too young.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2009