Is there any moms who have lost any babies?? And how did it affect you??

mommyof302

Asked by mommyof302 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I lost my baby due to extreme prematurity, how it affected me....long story....
    Anonymous

• I lost my daughter I have 4 sons also she was my only girl she was 16 years old I will always refer to her as my babygirl because she was and still is.This happened 18 months ago she passed in a housefire it's a long story but anyways it changes everything in your life EVERYTHING Ihave been very strong for my sons because not only did I loose my daughter they lost there only sister it is horrible and unless you have ever been thru the loss of a child u have no idea and I hope and wish no one would ever have to have this experience.I always think I live a lie now because when in a casual conversation when someone says how are you and my response is I am fine it's a lie because I can never see being fine again,I should say I am a survivor but that would take to much explanation.So u just smile and go on.My daughters name is Savannah lynn bruns if anybody wants to view her memorial web site she was the best to our family
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I lost one at 3 months pregnant. We still think aboout it to this day. And this happened in Nov. 2007. It was extremely hard. I cried for awhile after that day. It is something I hope also people never have to do. I have a friend who lost twins (both girls). I had a tattoo drew up so I can get it in remembrance for my baby.
    mommyof302

Answer by mommyof302 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• yes, i lost my baby with my second pregnancy. i was goin on 4 months. the dr. had no explanation for why it happened. i am and was very healthy. it hurts a lot. i cried so much. i had my sister come over to help me with my daughter when i was going through this. it felt like having a real labor except knowing that it's a black birthday and there is nothing you can do to stop it. i got a tattoo of a small froggie with flowers in rememberance of the baby we lost. this was to be my honey's first child. it's been about 8 years since then and i have two other beautiful children..one boy and one girl. i don't think of it much anymore except for when my son asks if he can have a brother because he is lonely. that really hurts because his dad got sterilized and we can't have anymore children. so at those times i think about my baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I had a miscarriage with my 3rd pregnancy. I had found out a week before that I was pregnant, and then everything went to hell. The miscarriage was not over and done with very soon.... it went on for almost a month-- due to hormone levels and blood tests.... when finally the doctors determined that it would be best to just end it. As for how it affected me.... Even though that was 5 years ago I still feel sad. I know nothing could have prevented the outcome.... and I was able to get pregnant again and have a healthy child. I still think 'what if' and wish that we did not have to go thru that.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I had a miscarriage so early that no one really bonded with it. The doc called it a chemical pregnancy. It was on its way out, probably, by the time I took the test but the hormones were still there and registered on the test. In earlier days we would have thought it a false alarm. It made me sad that no one else considered it a baby or even a loss, really. I wasn't really down about it for too long, but while I was, that was the reason.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 5:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2009