Do you write off celebs' projects due to their personal life?

People are losing their minds on another site I visit because of Morgan Freeman and his step-granddaughter, saying they'll never watch any of his movies ever again, won't let their kids watch March of the Penguins anymore, etc. Do people really do this? Did you ban your kids from Cars after Owen Wilson attempted suicide or stop them from listening to musicians who die from a drug OD?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 10:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No. I go to movies to see characters. what celebs do in their personal life really doesn't concern me unless they are killers or something of that nature.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I don't. Their personal life is none of my business.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I am just not interested in celebs,, their personal lives and their projects. Booooooooring !
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Whats the deal with morgan freeman and his step granddaughter? I didn't hear. In answer to your question, I never keep up with celeb gossip enough to even know who is in what movie or whatever. I watch the movie, if I find something I deem inappropriate, I don't let the girls see it. Same with music.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I'm out of the loop. What happened with Morgan Freeman and his step-granddaughter?

In general no I don't. But if someone does something really horrific and I can't watch it without thinking of it then I don't. That is purely a gut thing though. For example, I can't watch Roman Polanski's work without thinking of his crimes so I don't. It's not really a boycott and I'm not a freak about it, but I just feels uncomfortable for me.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Whats the deal with morgan freeman and his step granddaughter?

Apparently he's sleeping with her, divorcing her grandmother and marrying her instead. I have no idea if he actually is or not, but it amazes me how fast people turned on him because of it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• No, I don't. So far this Morgan Freeman thing is a bunch of rumors anyway and you know how the gossip rags exaggerte things. For years they reported that Jennifer Aniston was pregnant, remember? LOL. So, I don't pay attention to the crappy magazines. Oh, and Roman Polaski had consensual sex with girl who said he did not rape her. So, there's another false report. Good grief, is everyone turning into "Church Ladies" and will there be some recurrence of the Salem WIthcraft trials? And public hangings for adultery? A big RED "A" to wear?. There ARE more serious crimes, such as murder.....
    Anonymous

• Well maybe Polanski wasn't the best example. The thing is that it's so rare that I actually feel that way that it was the best I could come up with. Honestly I don't really know much about it. The Morgan Freeman thing, if true, sounds pretty similar to the Woody Allen thing. It's kind of icky, but I'm not going to stop thinking that The Shawshank Redemption was one of the best movies ever made because of it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Apparently he's sleeping with her, divorcing her grandmother and marrying her instead.
    _______________________
    Ugh. That's pretty skeezy. I will try to forget I heard that.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Didn't know. Don't normally follow celebs personal lifes...We don't watch 24 anymore because of Janeane Garofalo.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2009