after feeding does anyone keep their baby sitting up for a half hour to allow for digestion? if so, do you do this during the middle of the night feedings too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my son was 4 days old he diagnosed with gerd (acid reflux) We were told that we have to keep him up at least for 30 min after every feeding. We do this even at night but me and the baby would end up falling as sleep i the mean time. He now sleeps in his car seat ( this is currently the only place he will sleep) Since he is upright in his car seat we don't worry about keeping him up and it works great. But even after the 30 minutes, he has to always sleep elevated.
    mccurry328

Answer by mccurry328 at 11:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Hell no. But, that's her decision, not mine lol. She likes to play or sleep as soon as she's done eating, so I let her, and she's always fine. No gas or spit up or anything. She's 4 months old by the way.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 11:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I used to do that when she was little (from birth until 2.5 months) because she would spit up or throw up alot. Now everything seems to have settled down and she will eat a little and then play and eat and play and eat. Her little tum tum can only handle a little at a time now but sometimes she will drink a full bottle in one go. She is 4.5 months now
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 11:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2009