This really is a VERY odd question about breast feeding...

I only breast fed for about a month. Now my daughter is six months old and I still have one breast that produces a small amount of milk. I mean TINY drops. Is there any way to get at least that one breast to produce a decent amount of milk again so I can give her my milk at least once in a while?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 10:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You could start breastfeeding again. There have been women who have breastfed their adopted babies!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Do you have a pump? You could try to pump. Pumping will stimulate them again. Good luck.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• there are several ways to stimulate your milk to come back in. Try looking on the La Leche League website. There will be a plethora of suggestions and articles on relactation on their site.

Good Luck!!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• yep heres the info you need
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/adopt/index.html
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 11:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• YES, you can!
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 12:40 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• First, it's not an odd question. I hear it a lot. Second, yes. I'd first try and see if the baby will latch, because that is the BEST way to stimulate production, maybe use an SNS. Second line of defense is a GOOD pump, and a good pumping schedule. Like, in the beginning, to get things going, every 2-3 hrs around the clock. This is something that you need to be dedicated to.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:39 AM on Jul. 12, 2009