Pilgrimage or tour of a holy place?

I asked this question about a place I should visit. A few people wanted to add some other options.

If you were able to go to a place that is sacred to your faith where would it be?

Me, I am still leaning towards The Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe even though everyone said Rome. It is closer and therefore I am sure cheaper. I also think it would be more of a spiritual pilgrimage and Rome would be a tour.

That is my opinion, where do you want to go?

drink-lover

Asked by drink-lover at 10:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Honestly, I can't narrow it down to one place. I'm such a religious enthusiast that I would love to go and see all sorts of sacred places, from all different religions.
    I'd love to go to a Shinto shrine, and to Mecca, and to Jerusalem, and many other places, but the likelihood of that ever happening is quite low, lol!
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Sorry if my input offended anyone, but I thought it was more of a question like this. But, as I said in the pq, I would love to go to Ireland and visit Stonehenge.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Ireland or Egypt
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Yeah, I forgot about Egypt. I would also like to go to Mexico and look at some of the Aztec and Mayan Temples there as well.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• My mother and father went to Rome, Israel and Egypt all in one trip. they were gone for almost a month. (I am so jealous) The house in which Mary spent her final days after Jesus was crucified has a stream running through it. My parents brought back a jug of water from the stream. Ironic, my parents and grandparents have been all over the world but Mexico is not one of those places.
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 11:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Israel.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 11:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Israel : ) for sure! My DH gets to go lead tours for work, but I haven't gone yet (pregnant, nursing, poor, etc. LOL).

I would also like to go to India and visit some of the missionaries that we pray for there. Their church services last for hours and they KNOW God. I would love to go worship the Lord with them.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2009