My fiance masturbates in the same room as our infant daughter

she is sleeping, however, I just need to know at what age I should deem this inappropriate.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Now
    Anonymous

• Inappropriate at any age.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• It freaks me out that he can even do that with your kid in the room. Gross.
    Anonymous

• He cant do it in another room? If he is watching her alone maybe baby monitors while he goes into the bathroom?
    Anonymous

• When she's older....maybe 1 or 2.

My DH does it too, but we are all in the same room. Our DD is 8months, she has no clue whats going on, and he only does it if she's asleep
    Anonymous

• He'll probably get creeped out soon enough if she wakes up suddenly and he sees her staring. I would put a stop to it now though. To me it's just weird, I'd be incredibly uncomfortable, but a lot of couples have sex in the same room as their baby when they're sleeping because of co-sleeping or just sharing a room, so it's pretty much the same thing. Tell him to control himself and go in the bathroom or wait until she's asleep.
    Anonymous

• Ummm, that is not normal. What is he doing while masterbating? Why not leave the room???
    theboysmom311

Answer by theboysmom311 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Red flag!!!!
    Kaismommy82

Answer by Kaismommy82 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• That is disgusting NOW. It needs to stop immediately. Tell him to find somewhere else
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 11:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• God you people are uptight. It is ok. As long as the baby is sleeping and under 1 year old. It isn't a red flag for anything. All it means is that he is horny because men get that way and wants to take care of it. It has nothing to do with the baby. And you don't know the layout of their place. Maybe that is the only place to really do it. I use to live in a studio apartment when my oldest was a baby and so you had the bedroom/living room or bathroom really to do stuff in.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2009