Would you sell your eggs to someone who wanted to have children ,but couldn't?

I've never thought about this before, and I'm not sure how I'd feel about it. What about you?

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i would do it..
    i like to know i gave a chance to a woman of having a kid she could never have.
    and i have a friend she's 50 years old, never had a kid cause she couldn't have them, she saw me walking by the other day and we started talking. i'm having my son come over everytime i'm around her so she can have some joy of seeing what it's like to have a kid. it broke my heart to see the hurt in her eyes when she rubbed my belly and talk about she would never know what it's like to be a mom.
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 12:30 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I'd do it in a heartbeat. No questions asked.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• yes i would and actually considered it
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 11:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I would sell my ovaries, but I would give away eggs I have a BILLION of them, as long as the procedure was free on my part- everyone should be able to be a mommy!

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 11:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Yes I would. But only if it was someone I knew. I can't picture a child out there that is technically half of me, and not know how he or she was doing.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 11:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• You know, people pay a lot of money for eggs. I just researched it and was pretty surprised. I'm also surprised that more people aren't doing it, with the economy like it is.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• "Yes I would. But only if it was someone I knew. I can't picture a child out there that is technically half of me, and not know how he or she was doing."

That's the issue that would probably bother me.
    StefanieN84

• I Couldnt know i had another child out there. MY Child being raised by someone else. It would be like giving one of my kids up for adoption. I dont think I could. It would emotionally mess me up. I cheer on those of you who can and would though! Cuz its not like i wouldnt want them to have a child of their own. I just couldnt handle knowing thats my precious baby
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 11:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Wow $8K for selling eggs..count me in!
    Anonymous

• "Wow $8K for selling eggs..count me in! "

Lol...I guess I have a back-up plan now if my husband ever loses his job. :)

StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2009