Do you sell your foodstamps?

you can post anon if you want i'm just wondering???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• when we got foodstamps it was on a card and there been a few times where we needed diapers and had no cash so went with a friend and she bought diapers and in turn i bought her food.
    Anonymous

• Like tell someone you use my card, and give me the same ammount of cash back?
    NO, I think people that trade or sell food stamps are doing it for drugs or drinking, or smoking.
    They get them because they don't have enough money for bills/food and what not, if your selling them, its for illegal reasons.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 11:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• You can't sell your food stamps....they are put on a debit card now.
    Anonymous

• No, it is illegal.... but I do know people that do sell FS. They get 50% in cash. So if they sell $100 worth of FS, they get $50

The only questionable thing I have done is... when our local food bank had bare shelves, I donated some food that I bought with my food stamps.

Anonymous

• You can still sell food stamps anon. I don't know what rock your under but you need to come out!
    Anonymous

• No but i've used mine to help out a friend if they needed food. You aren't supposed to do that either. I just got a full time job so we're done with food stamps after this month! yay!
    Anonymous

• "You can't sell your food stamps....they are put on a debit card now."

Oh yes you can. Two ways... you either get the card back from the person that bought your food stamps, or you report the card lost and have them send you a new one. Getting your card back is the easier way to do it. My neighbor used to sell hers all the time. I myself need mine, so selling them would be stupid!

Anonymous

• my sister... takes her sister- in- law to the grocery store..my sister fills her cart and her sister-in-law buys the food with fs....then later my sister gives her sister-in-law cash

I did this once as well with my sister......my husband was layed off and we got a retro payment of fs
    We ended up with $900 in fs! we were only used to spending half that...and with bills piling up my sister offered to give me cash to buy her some food off my fs card
    Anonymous

• And I am pretty sure this would be the definition of welfair abusers, and the reason why I can't get anyhelp when I need it!
    Anonymous

• Why do you care? If you know someone who is turn them in. If you are then you are playing with fire and eventually you may get burned.

In answer to your questions no I have never sold my fs.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2009