what is co-sleeping?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sleeping with your baby in the bed with you.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• sleeping with your baby in bed with you.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Sleepinh with your child in your bed..we just got done practicong this, it lasted almost 4 years.
    Kaismommy82

Answer by Kaismommy82 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• really?? doesn't the baby get smooshed? what if you roll on top of the baby? i thought that you weren't supposed to sleep with a baby in bed with you because of SIDS??
    Anonymous

• check out www.askdrsears.com for information on how to do this safely or Elizabeth Pantleys range of book. Basically sharing sleep with your baby
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 11:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• yea ive done it a few times but only after his feeding at 8am so its light outside and im kinda awake, no way i would do it durin the nite, he loves his crib thank god lol
    Anonymous

• Technically, co-sleeping is baby sleeping in the same room and bedsharing is sleeping in the same bed. We bedshare. My husband and I are so in tune with the baby that one or both of us wake up at any sound or movement of the baby. Our oldest slept with us until he was 5 and our second is 18 months and loves sleeping with us. The oldest even climbs in bed with us sometimes to cuddle with Daddy. Thank goodnes we have a king size bed. : D
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 12:25 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Please be careful when bedsharing/co-sleeping. I'm not trying to freak anyone out. A relative of mine was killed when a parent rolled over on him. They had shared the bed with seveal children before him and thought he would be safe but he's gone now and was only five months old!!! PLEASE!!!! Be very careful.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 1:13 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I couldn't sleep with any of my children. I was too scared that I or my dh would roll over & smother them. We opted to put them in a playpen that we kept in our room. By the 4th week, we put our children in their crib in their room. Believe me, they cried loud enough for us to hear. I refused to buy the monitors because I could hear them breath & move. I wasn't able to the sound, deep sleep needed to help me be the best mom I could possibly be. The other reason we put them in their bed in the other room at an early age is because we didn't want to have our children scared of sleeping in their own rooms. Co-sleep doesn't not guarantee that your child will not die from SIDs.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 2:46 AM on Jul. 12, 2009