Is your child more the type to be bullied or to BE the bully?

What would/do you do in either scenario?

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Probably somewhere in the middle, all my kids have been taught never to bully someone and never let anyone bully them, If someone were to bully them I would tell them to fight back and if I ever caught them being the bully I would put a stop to it immediately.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• My dd is kind of he kind that would be the kind to bully. Make sense? She's very bossy. We are working on it trying to get her to put herself in the other persons shoes. My ds is neither kind. He is the kind that would stand up for the person getting bullied. He's more compasionate and caring but tough at the same time.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• i dunno..lol..its hard to say, cuz sometimes when shes playing she such a lil follower..and other times its "come here, go there, do this, do that" bossy bossy bossy!!! i know one time she was at the park and some kid thru dirt at her (they were both 4 at the time) and she looked at him as said THAT WASNT NICE! and she got some of her own dirt and got him back..lol..i laughed! it was cute! but i really cant see her really being a bully..like pushing and shoving kids...bosing them around?? yes..lol..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I have one on each side. My oldest is a bully, my lil one is very passive. Personally I see no bully issue like everyone keeps bitching about. I was bullied as a kid, then in HS I was the bully. No one ever killed themselves because I beat them up... I am going to teach my kids to be proud of themselves no matter who they want to be. I'm not a nice, passive person. I don't think it's a good way to be. But I'm not the bully I once was. I think there is a middle road and hope I can teach my kids that.
    I don't think you have a shot in this world if you are nice. You have to be forceful sometimes. And if my kids are the bully, I will just have to explain to them that those other kids aren't worth them getting in trouble. But if they aren't physical, I see no issue. If they are bullied, I will teach them to teach that other kid a lesson they aren't gonna forget!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:59 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• At home my boys bully each other, but in school they are likely to be bullied.

At home it's the "big fish in the little pond" concept, I guess! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My son is everyone's friend. A few times this year he seemed like he was starting to bully and we put a stop to it. He is going into 4th grade so I also think he was feeling his oats this past school year. I have had to talk with him regarding a child he plays with at after-school daycare. The child is a year younger and he is a bully. My son being the friend he is doesn't understand that not everyone is worth his time. It just takes alot of work to teach them.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2009