• In the Spotlight:

When you go to a stockpile/yard sale, what types of things would you be leaning towards to get first??

What are some items that you just "gotta have" from a stockpile sale? Shampoos/cond or what??

SweetKYmom

Asked by SweetKYmom at 11:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Shopping

• nice Furniture.... I just found a lovely old rocking chair at a yard sale the other day. Saved me from having to buy a new one for when My Son is born! :)
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 11:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Oh yeah. It was only 10 bucks compared to 200!
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 11:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I guess I've never been to one of those...

I guess it would depend on what kind of stuff and the brands. If they had my preferred brand of diapers and wipes I would get those!! And laundry detergent/fabric softener. If they had Oxiclean cheap, I'd stock up on that for sure since I use it all the time!! And toilet paper. I like to stock up on TP!!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• at regular yard sales, I look for brand name baby clothes first. Then I look for nice children's books. Then books for me. If they have video games I look at those, and DVDs too.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Toys and books! yeah it's sad but true I can't think outside of what the kids need
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Clothes for the kids, household items that I need, books, craft items, furniture.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I always look for clothes for my nieces and nephews, since my brother and sister are hurting and I have 5 kids so I really cannot buy clothes for them outright.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 2:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• At regular yard sales, I try to go for house decorations. I'm trying to decorate my house but I'd rather buy nice yard sale stuff than brand new stuff. I couldn't afford it anyway!
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 2:17 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• At regular yard sales the 1st thing I look at is kids clothes. Then I look at other things- like books, kids stuff, household items......

If I found a stockpile sale I would look for diapers, wipes, butt cream, baby wash, laundry soap, shampoo, body soap, paper goods..... if I found things that I use, at a good price then I would definately stock up!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i look for furniture and also non food, mostly toliet paper paper towels stuff like that dog food and diapers are another big one
    MarksMommy09

Answer by MarksMommy09 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 29, 2010