what is it like when your water breaks?

is it a lot or a little? will i know for sure?

kyleeannebaby

Asked by kyleeannebaby at 11:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I can only partially answer your question... With my second I had my water broke in the hospital to induce labor...and believe me, that was probably the grossest thing to me. I was just sitting in the hospital bed with towels under me and towels shoved between my legs and they would make me move a little bit every now and then, and it seriously feels like you are just peeing everywhere and can't stop...it's a little bit unnerving!

With my oldest son, my water never broke, they had to break it at the hospital. The first time, it trickled out...it's gonna be different for everyone, and I am sure you will know for sure if it happens!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• It is alot of water all at once like just think of pooring a gallon of water down your legs. Kinda like that.
    lilmomma998

Answer by lilmomma998 at 11:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• with both of mine i had a trickle, never a gush. kinda like peeing your pants when you laugh or cough.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• i was laying in bed, and i felt a little something come out so i went in the bathroom and wiped myself with toilet paper, i thought it was just discharge cuz i had xtra of that while pregnant. i went back to lay down, i felt it again, so i went back in the bathroom, pulled my pants down and then all of the sudden a light red water just started pouring out of me and didnt stop for about 45 minutes, then after the 45 minutes, it continued on and off. but it didnt feel like anything really in my body. a little butterflys in my tummy.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:29 AM on Jul. 12, 2009