what helped make ginving birth easier?

a friend of mine painted her toe nails to have something to focus on. any other ideas?

kyleeannebaby

Asked by kyleeannebaby at 11:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Epidural. I loved my epi.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I haven't had my baby yet, but we're taking DVDs of my favorite British comedy that I've seen every episode of. This way, it won't matter if I'm not really paying attention, but will give me something to focus on and laugh at when I am paying attention. We're also taking an MP3 player and a little speaker. Speaking of which, I still need to make a playlist for the hospital.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• i ahte the tv.. my family and with the first baby an epi.... but neither of my labors were terribly long so it wasnt bad...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• i laid over something, like the back of a chair, and rocked my hips and walked around. i didn't have an epi. but, that was just during my first stage of labor, my last stage only lasted an hour and 10 min and didn't go to the hospital til then. i was in the hospital for 44 min before my son was born.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:15 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Walking around, cooking, playing with my toddler, reading, watching tv, speding time in a chatroom. I didnt have an epidural and i ended up having an accidental hospital birth (was planned to be a home birth) but it was 100% natural and i was very relaxed.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2009