Debate: What do you feel about sex/masturbation in the same room that an infant is sleeping in?

Kind of a different angle from another question.

Me personally, I don't see an issue if the baby is sleeping. What will it hurt???

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 11:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just couldn't imagine people getting aroused with their child right there. It creeps me out.
    Anonymous

• My husband and I have sex when our son is asleep. Our son has to sleep in our room b/c my 17 year old bro lives with us and thats the only place we have for our son to sleep. So I think that its okay for now. My son is 6 months. Probably closer to a year or so we will have to think about a different plan though.
    Anonymous

• I've done it.

Anon, try spending a year away from your spouse (military) and then staying in a hotel room, trust me, when you're little angel is sleeping and you haven't seen your spouse in 4 months, you may change your view.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• We have when they are really tiny. Usually for the first four months or so they slept in a moses basket in our room. I don't see it as any big deal. If we didn't do it there, it would be on the couch or someplace where the older ones would be more likely to walk in on us. Definitely more scarring for them.
    Anonymous

• If the infant is sleeping, I don't see an issue with it.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• my son is 2 months and we live in a 1 br apt so when hes asleep uhh yea where else we gonna do it lol our couch isnt sex friendly we've tried haha
    Anonymous

• No problem here! :) If he is awake, then noooo!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• We did it when our kids were babies. With my daughter we would make sure she was asleep, then move her onto the floor on a blanket then have at it. With my son he had a bassinet in our room and when he was asleep we'd have at it. They are asleep. No harm. We definately wouldn't do it when they were awake.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• We do it all the time. He has his separate crib. We would never do it if he were awake. CREEPY!
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• We coslept when my children were young. Ya push them to their side and do your thing. Quietly. :)
    What do you think millions of people all around the world do? Go into the spare room. COMON. Are you really that ignorant?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2009