can my period go away if i'm not pregnant?

i bf my son who is 16 months old. i got my 1st period since his birth on june 9th and have yet to get one this month. i've taken a pregnancy test (since we're trying) but it was negative. my bday is on the 13th, so i think i'll take one again then, if i still haven't got my period. wouldn't that be a nice present? =) but the real q is: is it possible for my period to go away again, since i'm still bfing?

pugmama

Asked by pugmama at 11:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• There are lots of medical and/or hormonal reasons why you might miss your period or have it come late. Your cycle may just be taking a while to become regular again. I'd mention it to your OB if it hasn't come in a week, and you're still getting negative tests.

All of that said, I hope you end up with that BFP! Good luck!
    AutumnBlessing

Answer by AutumnBlessing at 1:27 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• yes. its called menapause
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 1:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• well, i'm only 26 and i want more kids, so i hope that's not the reason. =)
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 6:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2009