Toothache Remedies???

My tooth is killing me! It came out of nowhere yesterday. It'll stop but as soon as I eat or drink (even just water) it starts to throb. I've been taing Tylenol and Motrin and this toothache stuff my mom has but it all only works for maybe an hour or two and I dont want to keep taking meds and the toothache stuff is so nasty!

Anything out there that you all try that works? I can't see a dentist, no insurance and no money. It sucks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Health

• if you have a cavity, you can dump goodies powder directly on it and let it dissolve. I have a bad tooth right now and it works TONS better than orajel or anything like that. I use the orange kind so it doesn't taste as nasty. It also will work longer than toothache gels. But if you are sensitive to caffeine you might want to stay away from it during the evening hours. If you use it long enough it will deaden the nerve for a looong time! I did it last year and then totally forgot about this cavity until it stated hurting again just the other day. I'm going to have to get it fixed soon...

You can also stand on a bat for tooth pain. (or two soup or veggie cans) just use a chair or something to stabilize yourself. After you are on it for a minute, your tooth ache should disappear!! Really it works!! But.... when you step off, your tooth ache will come back.

Good Luck!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Try gargling with warm salt water for starters. If there's any infection, that will help get rid of it. After that, rub undiluted peppermint extract on it. It doesn't taste foul, and it will numb it for short periods of time. You can repeat both as many times as you need to without worrying about making yourself sick, too much Tylenol or Motrin can case an upset stomach, not to mention long-term use can cause damage to the stomach lining.

Hope you feel better soon.

By the way, many dentists work on a sliding fee scale. I would go through the yellow pages first thing Monday morning and see if you can find one who will work with you based on your income.

Good luck!
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 12:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Rub clove oil on it.

Clove oil has been and continues to be used in connection with respiratory ailments such as asthma and bronchitis, muscle aches, sprains and strains, arthritis and rheumatism. Many individuals use clove oil for its analgesic effects for body pain. Clove oil is one of the oils contained in Narayan Oil.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:20 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I've had good luck with clove oil also in the past. When my tooth hurts suddenly like that, it's usually because it's become infected. I have insurance but no time to go get an antibiotic, so I picked up silver at the health food store - it's like a homeopathic antibiotic. it killed the infection and my tooth stopped hurting in a few hours. but I really need to get it looked at (it's been like this for 3 years, lol)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:08 AM on Jul. 12, 2009