What is with all these czar's?

The list of Obama appointed czar's thus far...it's a BIG list..
1. Technology Czar: Aneesh Chopra. [17].

2. Drug Czar: Gil Kerlikowske [9].

3. Copyright Czar: Not appointed yet. [15].

4. Energy Czar: Carol M. Browner [12].

5. Car Czar: Ed Montgomery. [17].

6. Terrorism/WMD Czar: Gary Samore. [17].

7. Health Care Czar: Nancy-Ann DeParle. [7].

8. Education Czar: Not appointed yet. [16].

9. Economic Czar: Paul Volcker. [17].

10. Mortgage Czar: Not appointed yet. [1].

11. Urban Affairs/Housing Czar: Adolfo Carrion. [10].

12. Guantanomo closure Czar: Danny Fried. [17].

13. Great lakes Czar: Cameron Davis. [11].

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 12:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• 14. Stimulus accountability Czar: Earl Devaney. [17]. 15. Cyberspace Czar: Not appointed yet. [16]. 16. Border Czar: Alan Bersin (Former US attorney). [6]. 17. Intelligence Czar: Admiral Dennis Blair. [8]. 18. Regulatory Czar: Cass Sunstein. [2]. 19. Pay Czar: Kenneth Feinberg [3]. 20. Iran Czar: Not appointed yet. [16]. 21. Tarp Czar: Herb Allison. [17]. 22. Middle-East peace Czar: George Mitchell. [17]. 23. Science Czar: John Holdren (the freak who believes in forced abortion/sterilization). [17]. 24. Green jobs Czar: Van Jones. [17]. 25. Afghanistan Czar: Richard Holbrooke. [17]. 26. Sudan Czar: J. Scott Gration. [17]. 27. Mideast policy Czar: Dennis Ross. [17]. 28. Information Czar: Vivek Kundra. [17]. 29. AIDS Czar: Jeffrey Crowley. [17]. 30. Faith-based czar: and I hear he will be adding more.......wth is with this?

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Anyway all together there are THIRTY TWO! hum
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Maybe his way of compensating for his lack of experience in anything besides for community organizing or maybe his way of going over Congress's head to appoint whoever he wants to appoint without any oversight.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 12:12 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Because he can overide the congress which is ticking alot of them off even dems.Old man Byrd even wrote Obama a nasty letter that he made public. It takes away our checks and balances and is unconstitutional. I don't care who did it in the past it was not anywhere near the degree with which Obama has done it and it was still wrong and unconstitutional.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:18 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I don't know but I was made the Czar of Chocolate. It'll be on the 11o'clock news tomorrow.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 12:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I was on the bus on Thursday and this lady was gushing about how Obama asked her to be on some panel about expanding the Head Start program and how she was anticipating that becoming a permanent position for her in DC. I kept my mouth shut and focused on my adorable little 5 month old son that was in my baby carrier.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 12:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• The past few presidents all had tons of Czars. It is just a person who's job it is to get info and run people around getting info to the prez and congress, and make recommendations. In other words, a person tasked with being the "expert" on whatever issue. All this crap about expanding power is just plain drama. As a matter of fact, Bush was called out on his Czars, too, but the criticism was that they were just to pacify the public. Why do people see the Obama Czars as so ominous?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:32 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Obama has already taken huge steps to destroy private enterprise and is in process of doing more to destroy our country as we know it. That is why we are wary of just about everything he's doing. Bush didn't fire any CEO's or take over major corporations.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 12:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Nobody else had anywhere near this many.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

_______________________
    Bush (yes, I CAN talk about Bush, he is the obvious comparison being the most recent president and served for the past 8 years) named a czar for every pressing issue. I can think of at least 5 or 6 off the top of my head, so I know there were more. (Yes, I searched it, and the current republican output is that there were only a few Bush Czars, however if you search the actual news during the Bush administration you can pick out all the different czars. Dozens!) Anyways, every pres puts together special commissions and such, it's just now the thing to call the head of the commission the "czar.'
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2009