poopy

i think, actually im perty sure my baby has diarhea, i just got bk from walmart and i looked in the baby section and pharmacy for somthing to sooth her tummy like infant pepto or somthing! couldnt find anythin. i walked all around there asking moms what they recomend and they all told me freakin mylicon..thats not her problem tho, so finaly this one lady recomended pedialyte, so i went to check it out and sure enough it said for vomiting (which shes been doing periodicaly, tho i think its from not burping) and diareha, but said for ages under 1 ask a dr. need yalls opinon or facts please! my poor baby is in need of it!

liltexchick

Asked by liltexchick at 12:26 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if your baby has diareha and is under a year old you need to stop All formula feedings and give her pedialyte for 24 hours then go back to 1/2 formula and ped. after that if her diareha does not get better with in 24 hours you should call a ped and let them know what is going on and that the baby has been on a clear liquid diet and let them recomend it from there. And it is fine if you got some colored pedialyte it will all work the same.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 12:32 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I would recommend feeding her some pureed bananas, or maybe tiny bits of a mild type of cheese. (Kraft singles work just fine.) These foods can constipate a healthy baby, but if your little one has the poopies, they usually stop them.

Hope she feels better.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 12:32 AM on Jul. 12, 2009