My dogs are MISSING!!

So, my dogs have been missing since roughly 6.30PM
We've looked around the neighborhood, notified any body that if they see them, give us a call. Left house and cell numbers...
I don't know who else to call. They have collars on with tags...
No vets are open, animal shelters are closed... I can't find our city police department non-emergency phone number to save my life, and I think it's completely preposterous to call 9-1-1 like it suggests...But should I??
What do you suggest???

K_Sawyer

Asked by K_Sawyer at 12:54 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Pets

• I agree with the others. I feel for you....this very same thing happened to us once as well when our dogs busted out of the gate. Two of the three came home on their own that night, but the third did not. We put up fliers, ad on craigslist, and visited shelters like crazy. The shelters in our area are online as well....so you might try looking for them. Ours post pics of the new animals found and sure enough...three days later I found our girl in one of those pics.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 4:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• What type of dogs are they and where do you live?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Calling 911 won't do anything, because they won't take any action. I'd immediately start posting flyers, offering a reward if you can. I feel for ua honey...if my dog was lost, I'd be in a panic. Chances are, someone has them and will bring them home. They may be waiting until the morning to call, or waiting to see a flyer. I truly hope you find them!!!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• OP
    I live in Mukilteo, WA. Near Lynnwood and Everett.
    One is a smaller Beagle - typical tricolor. His names Buddy, and he's been an EXTREMELY sick boy, which has me even more frantic.
    The other is Abby, she's a boxer/dalmation mix. She's smaller than a Boxer and dalmation both. White and black. Big black patch over one eye.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 12:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• No, don't call 911.
    Check the front of your phone book. The non emergency number might be on the cover. If not, look in the first, front pages.

Still no luck, google you town name, including state and "Police"
    Do try to find the non-emergency number

In the morning, if they are still missing call all the local shelters.

Keep checking the doors that use to see if they have made their way home. Occasionally my dogs escape the fence but they don't go too far. I go on the front porch and rattle the lid on their treat jar and they usually come running at full speed.

Good luck
    Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 1:00 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Mukilteo Police Department - www.ci.mukilteo.wa.us - (425) 353-8222 - More

B. City of Mukilteo: Police Department - www.ci.mukilteo.wa.us - (425) 353-8222 - More
    Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 1:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Yup, I've called them.
    One, it says they changed their phone number.
    Two, it takes me to their "reception" or whatever.
    Three, NOBODY PICKS UP.

Just constant recording.

But thank you very much. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 1:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Post it on Craigslist too, in the pets section.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:18 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Yes, post on craigs list. My dogs went missing about a year ago. We looked everywhere. They DIDN'T have their tags on. I was crying and a mess. After the second day I put an ad on craigs list with their pictures because i was desperate. Well I got an email that night from someone with a link saying they think they found my dog. It was a link to a website that our local animal services posts their pictures to. I had looked online but i never located this website myself. Sure enough, there was my schnauzer! There was also a listing for a lost chocolate lab that came in the same day but no pic. I was sure it had to be mine. It was, he had been hit by a car and had a broken leg. Thankfully he was ok after a few vet visits and a cast. I'll try to find the website and post it for you.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 9:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Here is the website. It lists your local animal shelters and they post pics of their recently found dogs. check it frequently.
    http://www.petharbor.com/
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 9:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2009