Birth Control Options..

So I have been on yaz since I have had my son who is now almost a year old and I hate taking pills. I want to move onto another kind of BC but I dont know what kind I should use so from your personal experience what are you on and how do you like it compared to other methods? I was thinking about the depo shot and have thought about mirena IUD but I am not sure I want an IUD.. any suggestions? thanks oh and i dont really care about periods that much unless I always have one. I dont mind them once a month

djanowski775

Asked by djanowski775 at 12:59 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Health

• I was on the depo for about 4 years. It worked great for me. I didnt have any weight gain or any other side effects for that matter. After being on it for about two years my period went away all together. So for me that was a good choice and I am thinking about using that form of B/C again.
    Oh and it took me 6 months of TTC after I stopped the shot to get pregnant. Good luck and I hope you find the right one for you!
    MyMikaela

Answer by MyMikaela at 3:59 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I used a diaphragm and spermicide. A hassle in the heat of the moment sometimes, but they are effective! Im with you on the pill thing though.
    Princefan6684

Answer by Princefan6684 at 5:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I second the diaphram recommendation. No side effects, no hormones, no history of class action lawsuits or infertility, instantly reversible

Answer by rkoloms at 9:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I just wanted something prescription. Price is not an issue but I have heard mirena the iud is uncomfortable so i wasnt sure and shots dont bug me at all.The patch is a no no from all the side effects and it not working. I am technically over weight so it wouldnt work anyways and I dont want a diaphragm because I would have to put it in everytime and I am not down with that plus the chances of getting prego with that are higher than even pills and stuff.
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2009