How much damage would marijuana do to me at 22 weeks pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You're an idiot. Even if it did no damage, you could risk your child being taken away. Is a joint worth that to you?

If it is, then you are a terrible mother before the get go.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 1:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• honestly, i took one hit when i was about that far along and nothing happened. but please dont do it. i would never do it again. i was going through some serious shit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Honestly, none. It will make you eat especially if your nausea is particularly bad because it helps with the nausea. It is however not recommended but that's in other people's opinion. Sometimes, marijuana is the only thing that can get me to eat and I am about 6 weeks pregnant. I DO NOT smoke to get high, only buzzed enough that I will get the munchies and eat. It also helps with the severe pain I live with everyday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• they will take your baby away when hes born!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 1:19 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I smoked up until 13 weeks when my morning sickness went away I stopped! I know people who smoked their whole pregnancy... I wouldn't suggest it! You are over half way there! Wait a few more weeks until baby is out and then do it if you must!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• :http://www.drugabuse.gov/MarijBroch/parentpg13-14N.html
    Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 1:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• NO, they do not take your baby away when they are born!!!! Nobody I know who have smoked pot alone have ever gotten their baby taken at birth, or after!!!! Half these ladies told the dr they were smoking!!! And they didn't take mine away!!!! Yes, I stopped, but they never checked or if they did, didn't take her!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Smoking marijuana does not make you a bad mother, I don't particularly believe you should do it to get high during your pregnancy or even after. I started smoking pot after my son was born and I NEVER do it while he is around. I smoke to make my severe back pain go away. Whether or not you believe that is your business but its the truth. I am not a bad mother, in fact, I have been commended for how great of a mother I am. I am constantly checking on my son, making sure he has everything he needs and I make sure to wait until he has gone to bed for the night before I go into my GARAGE to smoke just enough to get me buzzed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Don't do it. What if you lost the baby? You would never forgive yourself.

There simply are not enough studies to show what it might do to a fetus BECAUSE IT'S ILLEGAL and mothers don't admit to using it. THerefore...no studies.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/MarijBroch/parentpg13-14N.html

Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 1:23 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Seriously, before you do it, please research it. Do a google search on it at least. Make up your own mind or ask your doctor. This is big.

I would never do it. Heck I wouldn't even have one glass of wine while pregnant and the doctors used to say that was OK...not sure if they still do. But there is no WAY I would risk even giving my child a moment's discomfort, let along do damage.

Clearly, everyone is going to give you advice based on what she would personally do or did. So I suggest you read up on it so you can make an informed decision rather than one based on the handful of answers you get on Cafemom.

Good luck with your baby.
    Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 1:28 AM on Jul. 12, 2009