How do I become an RN?

So lately I have been thinking about going back to school to become an RN but have no clue where to even start. So my question is what do I do to get started to go to college? I am a single mother so is there financial aid that I should look into or something? What programs are available to help my situation?

ashlrenee

Asked by ashlrenee at 1:16 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• Go to the FAFSA website and fill out the form. Make sure you have a school in mind and put that school code on your FAFSA. They will automatically get in touch with the school when you are approved. The money will go directly to the school.

FAFSA site

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:33 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Figure out what school you would like to attend, then meet with both an academic counselor as well as a financial aid counselor. They can assist you applying to the college, as well as anything else that may be required. The FAFSA is the starting point for receiving any financial aid.

Good luck :)
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:56 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Do you already have a college degree, or at least your gen-ed classes completed? If not, then start with a community college. www.fastweb.com has great information on scholarships.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:26 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Go to community colllege speak with someone about getting a pell grant bring last year's tax return.Then ask to speak to an advisor on courses to start on.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 11:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2009