She spends, he saves; trainwreck waiting to happen or happy balance?

His_Mommy26

Asked by His_Mommy26 at 1:16 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Train wreck. You have to be on the same page when it comes to finances.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:23 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• maybe not a train wreck but certainly a bump in the track. Compromise sounds like a good thing about now

Answer by admckenzie at 1:41 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• It depends. Are they willing to compromise? Who's going to handle the finances? If they are willing to compromise and work together, they should be fine. If they aren't, then it's a train wreck.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I find in every relationship there is a spender and a saver. Me, I'm a spender....my hubby is a saver. Luckily for me, hubby says as long as the bills are paid and he can save what he wants, I can usually get what I want.
    Yes, sometimes he asks do we really need that? Yes, sometimes I make a comment about him being a tightass....lol.
    So it can be either a train wreck or a happy balance. It's going to depend on them and how much they love each other.
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 8:26 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• As long as the saver isn't cheap and the spender doesn't live beyond their means they can do fine.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:16 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Agreeing with tropicalmama. It depends. It could turn into a train wreck..there HAS to be compromise and understanding.
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 9:40 AM on Jul. 12, 2009