What can I do to gain weight safely during pregnancy when I have a really hard time gaining weight?

My last pregnancy, I only gained 20 pounds. I know, why am I complaining? After it was all said and done, I lost 36 pounds after my child was born. I am now down to 100 pounds from 136 pounds the day I went to be induced which was a year ago. I am roughly 6 weeks pregnant with my second child and I would like to know if there any safe over the counter ways to gain weight other than eating all the time. If so please tell me. I eat alot all the time but I believe I may have a thyroid problem that is keeping me from gaining weight. Please help me out here!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm 22 weeks pregnant and still haven't gained a pound.... my doctor told me to drink 2 ensures a day they make one for weight gain I think they have 350 calories I found an off brand at albertsons for alot less. Try those one in the morning one at night. Also keep eating good and often. GL
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 2:53 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• are you eating the right things? eating fatty foods might not be the best way for you to gain weight. you should eat lots of whole grain pastas cereals and breads, and protein, cheese and milk. etc. veggies & fruits. and some fattys foods!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• eat.. just sayin....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• i know EXACTLY what you are talking about! I have a very hard time gaining weight and I WISH i could just take someone elses so I could make it a year and not look starved!!!! I was 136 when I had my dd 20 mo ago and am down to 106 now! I ate EVERYTHING in sight when I was pregnant. Lots of fruits, veggies and my limit in seafood!!! Barely gained my 20 lbs.... and that was after loosing 10 the first 3 months! By the time I had her, I could wrap all my fingers around my arms because she was still eating when I was unable to (morning sickness REALLY REALLY bad). I hope all works for you and congrats!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:43 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I eat ALL THE TIME! I eat 6 small meals a day. For breakfast, I have cheerios, whole milk and a little sugar added for flavor. For meal #2, I eat two pieces of toast and an egg. #3 is lunch and I usually have a sandwich or some rice mixed with chicken or (until I found out I was pregnant) tuna. These are the canned type. For #5 I have just something to snack on, try to have a fruit of some kind. For meal #6, I have some type of pasta, usually a homestyle bake kind of meal because we are always so busy that it's hard to make everything from scratch even though I would prefer to.
    Original Poster
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• idk. im haveing a hard time also. im eatting alot more so i can keep up with the baby but im not gaining anything. im also down to 100 pounds. but i started at 107 with my first and got to 131. but i lost it all. now i cant seen to gain any weight. it makes me worried yea know cuz the baby needs to be healthy. idk i gained alittle bit of weight when i ate alot of bread but what ever you eat try to eat alittle bit of everything and yea fatty food are not really good for the baby.(thats if thats all your eating). but just try to eat more
    de_sly

Answer by de_sly at 1:46 AM on Jul. 12, 2009