How many of you are sick of the rights of Americans being trampled?

Bill of Rights
Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Amendment III
No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.
Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 1:33 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• What is your point exactly? As Americans we really have too many rights. That is what is wrong with our country today. There's got to be something wrong with our country if we can sue McDonalds because our coffee is too hot. Never mind the fact that any dumb ass would have figured that the coffee was hot in the first place.

Take rights away... it might make for better citizens.

Please...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• With every thing there has to be boundaries. So we have boundaries to our rights if we didn't you could twist any trouble you get in in a violation of the constitution.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:15 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• While I do think our country has become sue-happy, the woman who sued McDonald's for hot coffee suffered third degree burns. In her case, she DID deserve a pile of cash for not realizing her coffee was that hot. Do you expect your hot coffee to burn skin, tissue, and muscle?

Our constitution is a living document. As such, it can be changed and altered as we, as a nation, see fit.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• TAKE RIGHTS AWAY? are you effing seriuos?
    what the eff is my DH doing in Iraq then? What exactly is his purpose as a soldier if Americans done even want their effing rights?
    i cant believe the responses to this post.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:00 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I'm going to take it that the first responder lives in another country and doesn't like Americans because we are priviliged to have rights and so many people living in other countries do not.
    Thank you to all those who serve in our military and to their families who do without their loved ones in order that all people can have rights.
    izyandchrismomi

Answer by izyandchrismomi at 3:20 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• i would have to agree with outstandinglove are you ladies out of your effing minds seriously you guys want them to take away our rights... wow you are ignorant
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 4:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I am hoping that the first poster is being facetious.  Taking away the rights of people who fought so hard to uphold and preserve a way of life is really a tragedy.  The thing about our country that makes it so amazing is it's diversities.  What is wrong with our country is greed and that has nothing to do with our constitutional rights.  Our constitutional rights are a foundation for us to stand upon and build up from.  If we take away those rights we are brick walls that are ready to topple at the slightest bit of force.  I will never live in a country where I am not free.  If you don't like it you can go somewhere else that is more restrictive to your liking!

etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 4:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I think we need to add to it. I think some of our rights have been taken out of context and I think in order to preserve our unity we must add not take away. Our founding fathers wanted us to live by these and we should not only do men and women risk their lives to protect it today but so did our founding fathers. They risked everything and so did their families in order to form a better life away from England and away from the rule of the king(or queen) It is unjust fro us not to have more rights since we are fighting for gay marriage and for drugs to be legal. I am not gay and I do not do drugs however I was under the impression that we have the right to pursue happiness and if that means marrying someone of the same sex or even smoking some pot shouldn't we have the right? I do not agree that harder drugs should be legal not by a long shot (cont)
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 8:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• The problem is that "one kind of people "want to take away others rights to freedom of religion and other things.

They think their religion is the ONE and only one.Why should people hide their religion ? How is Wiccan soldier who lost his life protecting our freedoms in Afghanistan not worthy enough to be laid to rest by his last wish ? Pentagram is his tombstone...........

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2009