Should I be concerned so early??

I am 24weeks pregnant & have felt my lil man moving around for about 9weeks now (externally for a week or so). He is usually a very active boy!! However, the last day & a half he has barely moved at all. I was told not to worry about fetal movement until about 28weeks or so, but I keep wondering if he's okay since I usually calm myself down about worrying when I feel his kicks. I have done the ice water & laying on my left side...nothing. I tried eating & laying on my left side...nothing. I tried caffinated soda & laying on my left side...still nothing. The movements have gone from very active, to not-so-active, & in the last day (since I woke up this morning at 9am) to only one movement that I am aware of, & it wasn't even hard enough to feel externally. My question, should I be concerned?? Or is it really true I shouldn't worry about fetal movement until the 3rd trimester??

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 1:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• do not worry unless there is no movement

Visualize the coziness he feels
    And enjoy knowing that you provide him that
    You are a good mom already-moms worry A LOT

When he is here in this outside world, crying at 2am and you are sleep deprived,
    remember these times when he was to cozy to move much inside you and smile
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 8:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• As long as your little one is moving, even if it is occasionally, I wouldn't worry. The baby may be going through a growth spurt and may be sleeping a lot.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I wouldnt worry unless you feel no movement at all for longer than a day
    MotherHubbard78

Answer by MotherHubbard78 at 1:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I'd see how tomorrow goes. I'm 26 weeks and my little one is SUUUPER active. But today she hasn't been packing her usual punches. If I eat a really big meal, she'll roll around a few times for me. Lot's of things can lull your baby to sleep in your belly. Like you talking, or the tv or radio being on. I'd just try again in the morning. Sometimes she's more active when I'm laying on my back too, just before bedtime.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 1:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• i honestly think ur angel is fine.hes probably making up for all that movement and catching some sleep.try moving him yourself if he doesnt move 2morrow.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 2:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• When i was pregnant with my daughter I fell and didn't feel any movement for a day. I went to the doctor and had an ultrasound. She was fine but she had gotten her feet up by her face. her toes were almost in her mouth!! and she was turned so that the little kicks she was giving me were aimed toward my back and thats why i wasn't feeling her. Give it till tomorrow and if you're still worried, call the dr. I'm sure everything is fine.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 3:30 AM on Jul. 12, 2009