SUV has a gas leak... what to do?

Our small SUV has a gas leak, or at least Im assuming it does. Nomatter where you are in the car you will nearly die of the gas-stench. Im looking online for somewhere to take it tomorrow (its almost 11pm in Las Vegas) but I cant find anyone open on Sundays. We have to pick up my MIL at the airport tomorrow and visit my FIL in the hospital, then go visit my BIL in jail to tell him that FIL is in the hospital.. and so we need to take it somewhere.

Do you know of anyone open on Sundays? Do you know about how much it would cost to repair it?

Thank you all for your help!

SpiritedTigress

Asked by SpiritedTigress at 1:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• I don't know what to tell you. Maybe rent a car if possible?
    All that I know is my old car had the same issue and my dad wouldn't let me drive it for a second. He said it is way too dangerous.
    Wish I could be more help.
    aprilmommy123

Answer by aprilmommy123 at 2:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I would NOT drive the car. I agree... rent a car, get a taxi. SOMETHING. Ask a friend to borrow their car!

Gas leaking is NOT a good sign and especially if you are smelling it so strongly. If it is leaking out in your drive way....from the GAS TANK ITSELF, I know there is a PATCH kit I believe, some type of epoxy from Discount Auto, Napa or Auto Zone.

Call around and ask THEM... Pep Boys.....anyone in your area about it. Also, IF the leak is from up under your hood........could be a hose and it is never good to drive it. First smell of anti-freeze or gas coming through and you smell it so strongly.......DO NOT DRIVE! You can perhaps get a used gas tank from a junk yard and have a mechanic put it on for you.

http://www.lasvegas.net/AutoZone-info.htm

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 AM on Jul. 12, 2009