• In the Spotlight:

is anyone here on ortho tri-cyclen pills?

its just that i've never taken any birthcontrol and i'm suppoded to start tomorrow on the pill, but i've heard pills tend to make you gain weight? i'm just really scared cause i'm prone to gain weight easily, well i just wanna know as much as i can about it, i've read about it on the internet but i want to read personal experiences from you guys ! thank you =)

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 2:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was on orth-tricycline low for 4 YEARS straight. Never had any side effects! No weight gain, no moodiness, no nothin! Good luck!
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 2:08 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I used to be on it and I loved it! I had no weight gain and no side effects also. Before I went on it my periods were horrible once I started taking it my Periods went from 7-9 days down to 3 days at the longest with extremely light bleeding. I had no craps either it was like I barely had a period.

Remember though every person's body is different. Although it is good to get people's opinions because some liked it you may not. I would suggest trying it and talking to your doctor about your concerns. Good luck!
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 2:18 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• i use to be on it and ya i was prone to weight gain and i did gain a little
    just eat healthy and exercise and you wil be fine
    im on the seasonique now i like it better
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:53 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I was also on it for about 4 years and I never gained any weight from it. The only side effect I had was milder cramps and a shorter period, which rocked. I was worried about gaining weight too, but it didn't happen for me. That's not to say it won't happen to you, but for me personally, I didn't experience any. :) I did, however, get pregnant with my first while using Ortho just as I was supposed to, but that's a chance with any method (except abstinence I guess lol).

I actually prefer the Nuvaring much much better. I got on it last fall before DH returned from deployment and I love it, won't go back to the pill. Of course I'm pregnant now (planned it, I got of the ring in April) so I won't be needing anything for awhile. :)
    soldierswifey05

Answer by soldierswifey05 at 8:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I THINK I GAINED 2 OR 3 LBS BUT THAT WAS IT. OUT OF ALL THE ONES I WAS ON THAT WAS MY FAVORITE AND I PLAN TO GET RIGHT BACK ON IT AFTER NATHAN IS BORN
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 9:03 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I gained a little bit from it, but that was mostly from water-retention, not actual weight gain. Maybe 3-4 pounds. Its one of the more common birth controls and it works really well! Just be careful of any antibiotics you take, bc they can interfere with the hormone in the pill and you can get pregnant. No one told my brother's wife that, and she ended up with a daughter (which she loves but was still a surprise!).
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Its my favorite birth control, it cleared up my acne and I never gained any weight.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 9:37 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Nope! I didnt gain any weight at all ! Helped make my period alot lighter and shorter!
    :) Goodluck
    SammiTaylorTM

Answer by SammiTaylorTM at 10:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2009