experienced moms please answer

im registering for my baby shower and i was just wondering whats the best kind of swing to get from babies r us.also i heard the brand name pampers suck so i narrowed it down to huggies and luvs, which 1 do u think is better?thanx 2 all the moms who answer and bless you n your children!

Desi2Sweet

Asked by Desi2Sweet at 2:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Shopping

• I love Huggies, never had a problem. But i"ve never tried Luvs. As for a swing, i suggest any kind of papsan (sp?) swing. They just look and feel so comfy and my DD loved it! It seems more "cuddling" than a normal swing.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 2:03 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I am probably not what you would call an experienced mom persay but I do know alot about diapers. You say between huggies and luvs? Huggies are great for the newborns with the umbilical cord but after that, we switched to luvs because my son ended up being allergic to the crystals in the diapers. They liked to get stuck to him and stick in his skin causing one infection. I took him to the doctor and threw out all of our huggies diapers (about two boxes and there were no new moms in the complex with me that offered to come get them for free). So my vote is register for both but only register for the huggies newborn with umbilical cord and then register for the normal luvs.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 2:08 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Honestly, you won't know which diapers fit your kid well until you're putting diapers on them. Some people love the Luvs, some love the Pampers, the Huggies have fit my kid the best. It's great to get a few weeks worth of newborn diapers, but after that, I think some trial and error is required. As for swings, I looked for one that also plugged in (cause I didn't want to have to search for batteries when my kid needed some swinging) and I'm very happy that I did.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• what about cloth diapers?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:13 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• my son did great with the cheaper brand from walmart..whitecloud, i believe. plus, he didn't like a swing until he was 5-6months old or so. it was a FP that could be used as a rocking baby chair, or a stationary-chair. it played music, which he never seemed interested in. in fact, we didn't use it much. its the last piece of baby equip. we havent't given away...everyone always wants a new swing. so, as soon as the new pregnancy support house opens down the street from my salon, i'm donating it.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:06 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Baby papsan swing is the best thing I ever received for my shower! It cradles the baby like it was in mommy's belly, it is how I got my baby to sleep everynight. I use pampers, I love them I tried the other 2 brands and I had so many leaks, but it depends on ur baby, u can get free smaples from the hospital and decide after that.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• We love Huggies diapers, and for the swing, we loved the Gracos.
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I have no idea what brand my swing was but as far as diapers go, and I tried them all, I loved Huggies Supreme. they were soft, never leaked and thin.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My boys had a Graco swing- they liked it. I also bought the 2nd and 3rd a 'bouncy seat' which worked out nice. For diapers Pampers worked best for my boys (loved how they cinched up at the waist), although we do use Luvs sometimes too. I don't like the basic huggies, but the huggies supreme (with pooh bear on them) seemed to work out pretty good too. I would suggest buying different brands and see which one your child does best with. I also would not stock up on too many newborn size diapers.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:51 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I absolutely LOVE my Fisher Price Papasan cradle swing. (I have a little girl and love the butterfly one however I wish I would have purchased the lamb one... much softer and more cushion). If you don't get the swing from your shower and have to purchase it yourself, I would suggest ordering it from Walmart.com and having it delivered to the nearest store to you. BabysRus wants I think $159 but I bought mine off Walmart.com for $118!

As for diapers, I have tried both Huggies and Pampers Swaddlers. The Huggies were too hard. I love Pampers and have never had a problem with any leaking.

Good luck and Congratulations!
    ANGIE613

Answer by ANGIE613 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 13, 2009