what makes my kids do this?

my 3 year old is potty training, hes done very good the last month, very few accidents all night dry with no diaper... and today we go to a friends house and he ahs an accident! honestly!

my 1 year old has been sleeping through the night since he was like 3-4 months.. and tonight hes awake screaming, cant hold him, cant let him just lie there, he just wants to scream! im not even sure hes awake either!

what makes my well behaved< mostly> kids turn into holly terrors once in a while! and why cant they pick better times to do ti?

2cuteboysrmine

Asked by 2cuteboysrmine at 2:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think its gots something to do with global warming.... everything else is because of global warming, so I think it is safe to blame our kids behavior on it as awell. It will be the downfall of society for sure.

And I caught the sarcasm, if you couldn't tell!

My son is 3 1/2. He's been potty trained for a little over a year and in the last two months he's started peeeing standing up. He's been very good about it and made veryfew "messes" and when he does its usualy just a sprinkle and he cleans it up. Well don't ya know, yesterday he managed to pee everywhere but the toilet, walls, plumbing, top of the tank, the base of the toilet. He even got my extra TP! man was THAT something to have to clean!

Best of luck with this global warming business!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 5:43 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Well first of all, They're kids!!! They never pick opportune times to do things! Get used to it. lol Your issue with the potty training is one that will happen, esp in a new environment b/c they are excited and their potty training is the last thing they're thinking of. The other issue, my daughter did that too, and we came to realize that she wasn't awake, and that can be scary. I just held her tight to me till she calmed down. (She usually was flailing her arms about while screaming) But she didn't start that till she was close to 2 years old. Just watch him, and make a log of any more events as they happen just in case you need to take him to the doctor. But take solace that you are not the only one that this has happened to. And you won't be the last :)
    TCliffman

Answer by TCliffman at 2:43 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Something might be going on psychologically with them. If you or anyone else they are around on a daily basis is having stressors going on that could trigger it. Try giving them both a warm glass of milk before bed to get them to sleep through most of the night. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• im guessing no one picked up on the scarcasm? i KNOW why they are both doing these things, it just always seems kids pick the worst times to do things out of character,, and i know they dont pick them its just how it happens... its mrope ironic...

im sleep deprived! be nice to me!!!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:12 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I think it's in the Kid Handbook - the ones they get to read and we don't! HAHA!

My son did the sleep-screaming-and-crying-bloody-murder thing too, come to find out, he was having tummy troubles (showed NO signs of it during the day) and he was in pain :-(
    CariadSpawn

Answer by CariadSpawn at 3:59 AM on Jul. 12, 2009