Has anyone purchased the occasionography program to work from home?

I'm looking into doing this to make some extra money. Is this fairly profitable? Do you have any good tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• Hello! I couldn't tell you much about occasionography but I am a SAHM working at home. I work for a HUGE group of moms called Internet CEO Moms. Our goal is to help families create a safer and healthier home. We don't sell anything or have any inventory, which is my favorite part! If you would like to know more, check my website out at www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com or you can email me at alyssamaliska@ymail.com. I hope to hear from you soon!
    Alyssa
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:57 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Well, I saw your question but had honestly never heard of occasionography, so I did a little reading on them... Here's what I found...

The business offers personalized favors for wedding, showers and parties. Honestly I think it could be great for someone that works in the wedding industry. But if you are just looking for something you can do from home, I don't think this has the potential of a decent income.

When someone places an order you will make a great commission because you can assume they are going to order a large amount. But unless you partner with a planner this isn't something you will get many repeat orders from. Also, you could advertise on wedding or kids sites but that would cost you a decent amount of money. For me, personally I think I will bookmark them, as I am a wedding planner looking to reopen my own shop. So this could work well for me.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• IF you are not someone with access to a large amount of pre-wedding couples or others looking for favors this won't be something that you could rely on. One of the keys to finding a successful businesses is finding something where you will have repeat customers or where you are providing a service so that you are able to build on your income constantly.
    Candles, Food, Makeup, Kitchen Wares and even "Adult Products" are all great examples of businesses were you have a great potential of repeat business.
    Then there are companies that provide services where you only have to speak with the customer once and receive a commission each month they pay their membership fee. Both of the companies that I am with do this.
    I suggest you sit down and think about which type of business would fit you best. Before you go any further.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• You will also want to consider the cost. With OccasionOgraphy the cost was $495 and although it's not specified you would most likely have an overhead of some kind along with sample, demo and catelog fees as well. If you choose to do bridal shows or ads those are always very expencive. But very profitable...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I currently work 2 full time home based businesses. The first, Ameriplan cost me only $95 to get started (that included my kit) and just $50 a month. And the second, FreebieForce cost me just $19.95 a month - no kit needed.

Advertising can always be an added cost but it not really a huge one, I ususally put $20 or so in to postcards and flyers but never pay for online ads. With both I receive resudual commission so I am paid over and over for every person I sign up. That ads up quickly.

I can send you information on either if you are interested. Of course all the info is free and I promise I don't bite. ttys!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• http://howtoearnfastmoney.info/ has some good information on free work at home jobs

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2009