Should I go?

My father has been dead for about a month and my mom is packing up his things for a truck that will come by Monday. I was over not too long ago,packing up his things and even though there is alot of junk left she won't let me touch it,she says she has to go through it.I want to be a help and show her I care but I don't want to waste my time either,if she wants my help she better have things for me to do.I asked her,do you want me to come over and help you and she said I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow, I'll see,but if I came over there she would use me to help because it's happened before.I f I call first she'll say no, so I just show up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• It's only been a month. She is still going Thur the grieving. Give your mom some time and allow her to do what she's got to do. WHAT'S THE BIG HURRY? Allow your mother to grieve she was married and had alot of years and memorys with your father.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Well my mom didn't really love him that much and she said she couldn't wait to get rid of all his junk.Trucks don't come by that often so I thought this would be a opportunity to pack up a few things for her,since I'm available and able.She's kinda two faced she can be nice to me then lash out at me for no real reason,this is why I don't know if I want to go over or not.If I have alot to do,then there will be less time to bicker.She doesn't ask for help,she's acting weird with this packing,but when I'm there, I do so much for her and she thanks me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• You don't really know what they're relationship was like, only what you perceived it to be. I say just go and help out. It's a terrible thing to lose a spouse and be left alone.
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 8:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2009