I'm worried, moms with baby boys

my son's "junk" (what we call it haha) almost always seems to be kind of inverted when I change him. It changes though, it'll come out too. I'm just worried that this may be something serious. Like maybe he wasn't circumcised correctly?

Any of you deal with this? He's 7 months old, and when he was younger the pediatrician thought nothing of it, but now that he's older I'm a bit worried. He already has a birth mark that covers his face, poor guy doesn't need issues down there too even though we'd tr to change it if he wanted.

ours

Asked by ours at 2:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I feel like my son wasn't circumcised enough too. We also asked his pediatrician when he was younger and he said it was fine. My son will be two at the end of the month. He hasn't had any problems thank God, but I do clean it when he bathes. (I pull his skin back) I would just keep it clean to avoid any infections. BTW... my cousin had a specialiast (not sure what the name of this specialist is) do her son's because her OB GYN wouldn't do it, she told her that many OB GYN'S don't do it right. Especially if the baby weighs over 8 lbs at birht. Just a little FYI if you have more boys in the future. Sorry I gave TMI. Hope this helps.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:06 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• well i cant really say without seeing it.... but if you are truley worried make an appointment with a urologist... they are the fdrs that treat male parts......

sorry i couldnt be of more help
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My son is just the same, and my mother swears my brother was just the same, my MIL swears my husband was the same. I think it's just how the body protects his sensitive areas from being rubbed raw in his diaper... I mean, if he wasn't circumcised he would have protection, yes? I know my son HATES having it touched when we clean in the tub, so I can't imagine he'd want to be irritated all the time. Just keep it clean (I have my DH do it, hee!) and ask the ped. at your next visit, I'd say
    Aleneil

Answer by Aleneil at 7:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• It sounds like my son. We ended up going to specialist because his ped. thought that his testicles hadn't fallen by the time he was a year (She didn't send us because of the reason you just explained) Anyway we get there, his testicles had fallen. The urologist just said he was chubby down there so it was hard to tell at times. She then asked us if we wanted her to pull his skin down that was around the top (making him look like his tip was hiding) So she did. Here his skin was stuck. She pulled it down and it made him bleed. For 2 weeks I had to pull it down 2xs everyday and put vaseline on it. We went back for a check up after that. There was just one little spot still stuck. So for a month we continued with pulling it down at least once a day and the vaseline and it worked. She said it is way more common than you think and pediatricians don't see it because they aren't looking at them all day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I have heard this is common with circumcised boys. If you're truly concerned, I'd mention it to the doc.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• my 11 month old penis is a little turtle too a lot of times. it pops out too when i push it back, then it hides away again sometimes.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My ds had that problem too. My ped said it was because of all the baby fat down there. As he got older it hid less and less. He's 4 now and it's still about halfway hidden. My ds' ped. checks it everytime we go in for his well care check-up. Pushes it out and checks all around it. I'm sure if something was up he would say something. He always reminds me that it hides because of the baby fat.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• my son is going thru the same thing right now and he is not circumcised right he has to have it redone so it is something that i would keep on the pedi about
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 4:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• my son has that sometimes when its cold in the room lol it shirks ya know
    Anonymous