Fleece Blankets

Does anyone know about how much it cost to make one of those tied fleece blankets? I'm thinking it would be two yards of fabric to make, but I haven't the slightest clue how much a yard of fleece fabric cost.

Courtney508

Asked by Courtney508 at 2:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• up here, in Alaska it's roughly $15.00 a yard. I'm looking in to making one as well and it is going to cost me $60.00 just for the fleece!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:12 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• You can make a lapsize one from two pieces of fleece that are one yard. And most fleece around here at walmart runs about $10/yd give or take. It also depends on the quality of the fleece and the print. So, you could make one for about $20.

They also have the kits you can buy and they usually cost less than buying individual yardages of fleece. You can find them around the bedding area or the craft area in walmart.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 2:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• At the walmart here the fleece starts at 4.44$. Joanns and Hobby Lobby have radom sales and for hobby lobby you can get a coupon online for 40% off any one product
    Godspitgrl

Answer by Godspitgrl at 6:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• You can usually catch fleece on sale. I bought some last year at Joanne's for 4.99/yd.
    minivanmommy

Answer by minivanmommy at 11:24 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• It depends on what style (solid color, characters, licensed prints, embellished, etc) you're going for.... anyway, I always wait til I get a Joanns coupon and get my fleece then. It can range anywhere from $3-$25/yard.
    HisTechnoAngel

Answer by HisTechnoAngel at 2:46 AM on Aug. 12, 2009