So ...here is my conclusion.

I've decided that i've heard almost every answer that most Christians will have to the majority of my questions.
I've always accepted the fact that others will believe whatever they want (or were taught) but at this point i have decided to stop trying to understand it. Why do I need to understand what Christians believe? It seems i already know the answers to whatever question i might ask and have asked. And it either makes no sense to me or leads me only to other questions and it goes in an unexplainable circle.

Blessed be all who have tried to help me "find/know God".

Is this so wrong? That I know and understand what i believe and am giving up on any attempt to further my understanding (please note that i say understanding and not KNOWLEDGE) of the Christian "relationship" with Jesus?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You have every right (and in my honest opinion, responsibility) to follow the path that is right for you. Obviously, you have found that it is not Christianity. And that's fine. If ou feel you have learned all you need to know about one religion, move on to another. If you don't understand it, don't beat yourself up. But, just because you don't understand it doesn't mean you shouldn't respect someone elses right to believe it.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• As a Christian, I fully agree with you. It is just silly to think I need to learn everything and anything about every other group. I don't go find all the information I can on the neighborhood gangs now do I/ I am comfortable being Christian, I found my own path here and learning why an atheist doesn't believe in God isn't going to change that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• All have come short of the glory of God,All need to have their sins forgiven.I'm not sure what your question is saying,but what I get is ,you don't understand why Christians are telling you to come to God?We All have to come to God,whether we want to or not we don't have a choice.The only choice you get is to choose to go to Hell,this is what the Bible says because what isn't holy can't come into the presence of God in Heaven.The only way man can come into Gods presence is through Jesus Christ and you have to make Him the Lord of your life, be filled with the holy spirit and live for Jesus.That's the only way man will get to heaven.We only live this life for about 80 yrs. and eternity is forever,I care about your soul and want you to know God because being a Christian is more than having eternal life, it's about having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ,that is so special and so wonderful,that's what I want for you to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• As an EX christian i will tell you it's not wrong. Your soul is leading you to a bigger truth.. Trust... for truth overcomes falsehood . Continue to search for truth.. ask for guidance... and open your heart to it... it will arrive.. if the Creator Wills. He created us with a natural inclination towards him. He changes the condition of those who help change their own condition. May you be granted guidance. Ameen. I have said many times... change your lens by which you see God and what you were taught... continue to reflect... look at his signs...
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 5:41 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• You have to follow the path that works for you, and there's no reason to feel badly for it.
    There's nothing wrong with knowing that Christianity is not for you, and nothing wrong with not wanting a part of it.
    We're all different and have different needs and different ways of doing things - what works for me might not work for you, so you have to do what is best for you.
    If you ever do want to ask questions about Christianity, though, you can always PM me, even if its just to ask, with no intention of anything more than asking. There are also great groups on here (like Unorganized Religion) that discuss all different faiths and are about sharing views and supporting differing opinions instead of trying to get everyone to believe one thing.
    Whatever you do, though, has to be what feels right to you, and no one can tell you what's right or wrong, you can only decide that for yourself.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Questions without answers, or answers that contradicted what I believe were parts of the reason I left Christianity.. There are soo many other religions out there though,, I hope you find one that you feel you can get a deeper understanding.. and it doesn't have to be just one... most religions you can mix and match with.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:25 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• If you feel compelled to learn more about Christianity (or any other religion), then keep asking. If you're forcing yourself to try to learn when you don't want to; then stop :-)

I don't condemn people for what Christ did not call them to on this earth.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I agree that it's frustrating. If you think you know enough to not want to know any more, then by all means. However, it is always good to know a little bit about various cultures and belief systems. It makes our life choices that much easier. I've met a lot of narrow-minded Christians and a lot of narrow-minded Pagans and Wiccans. It's a human condition rather than a religious condition. I saw a sign on the side of the road yesterday that said "Jesus is the only way". I just smiled and kept on driving, thinking to myself, "Man, they sure are missing out on the big picture." Radical statements like these are a lot to do with why other countries have the opinion of Americans that they do. And, yes...I said "Radical". Look it up. It might surprise you. :-)
    2TimeWSM

Answer by 2TimeWSM at 4:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2009