What to do about in laws?

I am getting really peeved here. My inlaws keep blaming my daughter for wetting the bed. This is a hereditary thing, not something she can control. I have tried to explain this to them, yet they don't listen. What would you do in this type of situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• It's none of their business. I would tell them that nicely the first time. It would get ugly after that.
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 8:19 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• my goddaughter had the same problem - it was kidney reflux and she had to get surgery. It took a while for everyone to figure that out, though - they just thought she was lazy, but since the surgery she's been just fine. It is inherited, though, her uncle had the same problem and they never got him surgery, so he had to grow out of it (he was like 14 or 15 by the time it stopped).

Tell them she has kidney reflux, and that you're sorry her disability isn't "cooler" so they will be ashamed of themselves. Then buy a plastic mattress cover and tell them to MYOB- after all, your poor daughter has to LIVE with this condition, not them. They need to learn a little compassion.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:28 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Get her a new mattress, get a waterproof cover, lots of new sheets, and don't tell them when she has another accident.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• lol l just thought about this one.... i have issues with my in laws BAD too! but anyways you can wrap your daughters matress in plastic wrap to protect it.... idk if this works or not but if someone has tried it let me know!!!! but no it isn't none of their business and secondly, she will grow out of it so..... screw them!!!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Tell your husband to tell his parent's to shut the hell up.. He needs to back you up.. They need to know that this is YOUR child and you will hear nothing else on the subject..
    However, if you are talking to them about her wetting the bed, you are incouraging them to comment on it..
    If it continues without you bringing it up, I would simply stop all contact with them until they can respect your wishes.. That goes for your husband too..
    Mad_Hexer

Answer by Mad_Hexer at 1:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2009