Will You Be My Mom????

Hi, I'm 30 years old, I have 3 kids, 5, 3 1/2 and 1 year. We live in Texas. I'm looking for a new mom. I love my mom but we have some differences in major opinions and I have been forced to distance myself from her.
I'd like to chat with an 'experienced' mother, maybe one with an empty nest....... just to have that mother/daughter relationship / friendship.
I'm an artist, LOVE to paint. I stay at home with my kids. I love modern decor, its a huge hobby of mine. I'm always working on my house or some other art project! I love arts, crafts, decor, gardening and kids!!
I'd love a 'mom' who likes artsy stuff, would love to get pictures of kids and send/receive emails, pics, Christmas Cards, etc. So if you want a 'daughter' or know a lady who would -- reply and I'll email you!!

I'm embarrassed to attach my profile to this just in case I get bashed!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I actually think that is sweet. I would help you but I am only 33, so i don't have much more experience than you. But I do have a great mama she moved in with my husband and I when my daddy passed away last Junes. I could maybe tell you what she would say?
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 5:29 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• This may sound a little odd, but have you tried volunteering once a week or something at an elderly center, retirement villa or any elderly church functions? A lot of older women feel lost and abandoned (men too!) by children who work/live far away and cannot find time for them now that they are in their golden years! You would be surprised at how easy it is to become friends with some of these people, and you might just find an adoptive mom who would be thrilled to have the attention you want to give! I have a very crappy family, and I firmly believe family doesn't necessarily mean shared DNA! Check it out :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 8:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• HI, I have 4 bio kids,6 step kids, and a combined 20 grandkids. My youngest child is 14. I"d be willing to "adopt" you and your kids. Check out my profile, contact me if you want to.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• No it's not sweet. Your mother gave you all she has and you are saying it's not good enough? Shame on you. She cleaned your poop and puke and lost sleep and this is the kind of appreciation she gets as mom? You grow up and decide you want a new mom? I'm an empty nester but wouldn't want you as my dd. You'd just get tired of me and trade me in too so why would I want that kind of hurt? Find the good with the one you have now. What if your kids grow up and say they don't want you anymore? How would that make you feel? Geez, cut the woman some slack. She'll be old and dead soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I'm onlhy 24, but I live in Texas and our kids are close to the same age. Wanna be friends?
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 12:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• How about some grandmotherly wisdom? I have adopted one mom on the site. Her mom is deceased. I have three grown kids and sixteen grandkids. Arts and crafts are a big part of my life. Stay in touch with your mom. We need each other in this life. grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 8:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I DO stay in touch with my mom. I reach out often, with painful results. I'll never cut her out of my /my kids life.
    I was a battered wife for almost 10 years. She still says she has respect for my x who is now in prison. She wants to write to him, send him pictures and is nagging me to take my children 5 & 3 to go see him in prison. She has also told me to do things for him 'because it will mean so much to him' and so on. I'm sorry this man beat me and broke my back, almost killed my son -- If that does not cause someone to loose respect I don't know what will. I am trying to move forward in my life and get out from under that awful abusive man's control.
    The whole thing has caused me to loose respect for her and her judgment and loyalty to me. I love her but can not longer trust her opinions, advice or judgment. I have to distance myself because her views are so skewed. I assume anyone can understand that!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Jul. 13, 2009