what are the methods of birth control when you breast feeding besides condoms.

mamajen624

Asked by mamajen624 at 5:32 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Health

• I EBFd both my daughters and I used a diaphragm after my oldest was born. A bit of a pain in the butt, but it works. Also spermicide helps, but isn't that great if you have a sensitive vagina, for me it caused a lot of irritation. There is also a birth control pill that is 'okay' to use while you nurse. But I never really liked hormonal birth control. IUDs can be used also. Best of luck, and talk with your doctor too!
    Princefan6684

Answer by Princefan6684 at 5:42 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• minipill
    stephania01

Answer by stephania01 at 6:15 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Diaphram. No side effects. No hormones. No history of class action lawsuits and infertility. Instantly reversible

Answer by rkoloms at 9:26 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• we can't use condoms... A Diaphram is usually cheap but hard to get (I've been trining for 2 years & doctors don't want to give me one) but you can buy Spounges at CVS or Walgreens. That's what we use. You can put them in and leave them for up to 24 hours. They are good for multipule uses and protect in 3 ways (barier, absorbtion & spermaside)

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2009