Does your 11 week old baby watch any TV and seem really interested in it?

Our daughter Genevieve seems to really like the cartoon Inspector Gadget . You know the one you probably watched as a kid lol
If she gets fussy and I need to cook or something , I cant turn that on and she sits there and doesnt move she watchs it hard lol . She will watch it for the whole 20 mins its on . Even if she is looking away as soon as she hears they beginning music she looks right at the TV . She is even starting to like Wow Wow Wubbzy LOL . My son was like this . She doesnt just watch it all day Im not big on TV but its nice to have something to keep her attention long enough so I can cook dinner lol . Does you child do it?

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:12 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes...his eyes are locked on the tv. The other night he watched his first baseball game with daddy! ..btw he's 11 weeks too!
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 12:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• MY first son liked tv not that young though I first started noticing it at about four months old and it was bunnytown on disney channel now he is 19 months old and loves mickey mouse clubhouse if I could do it over I dont think I would have put him in front of the tv so much because he is a little behind in speech and I blame TV for it I have a 8 month who doesnt seem to care too much about tv but I am glad he is pretty whiny and I have to take him everywhere in the house with me but I have a feeling he will talk sooner as much as he babbles I do know what you mean about it being convenient though so you can get things done
    MoMMyto2971

Answer by MoMMyto2971 at 7:33 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• well my son was in to the disney and nick jr stuff and he is now 5 reading at a 2nd grade level
    i dont just put my children in fron tof the tv
    with my son i had taught him colors and shapes befor ehe could talk
    and the same will go for my daughter
    im not a lazy mom that takes tv as an always option its just once in a while when i have to cook dinner
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:39 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My 5 months old likes to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Special Agent Oso, and all the things on in the morning on Playhouse Disney. So she will watch some of those episodes with her older sister sometimes if we have the tv on in the morning. We don't always.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 8:32 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• When my son was that little the only thing he really seemed to like was Deal or No Deal. It was right when the show started. I think it was all the lights and the loud music at times. Now my second, if the tv is on he is watching, even from the beginning. If something is moving it has his attention, that is until he seems something else move.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• when daughter was a few months old
    she would "watch" mostly listen to
    Fantasia
    Baby Bach
    and oddly ...Price is Right
    Now at two she likes any video that has singing
    does not watch the tv if others are watching regular stuff, but will run from her playing with toys to watch a commercial that has a catchy tune ( I never noticed how much music is used in advertising until lately)
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 8:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I wouldn't let a baby that young watch tv like that, especially if she seemed really into it / zoned out. Experts say no tv before two, and while I haven't waited that long with my girls, I have kept it to one short (20-30 minute) educational (usually sign language) show every few days from age 10 months till two. My two year old gets to watch one show every day or two, now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My LO like to watch Maisy. It is the only show that she is interested in. She will look up from playing with other stuff if she hears music that catches her ear. Otherwise my child has a vocabulary far beyond where it should be for her age and is developing a new word everyday.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• i dotn care what "experts" say
    there are "experts" that say tv tiem for babies is good because it stimulates their minds with the color and movement
    i realy dotn care what others say about it my son was walking and running by 10 months talking really well by a year
    now 5 reading at a 2nd grade level
    kne whis colors and shapes before he could talk
    started knowinf his abcs byt he time he was almost 2
    and my daughter will be the same way
    the kids in our family are very smart too and watched tv as kids
    lazy parents have the dumb kids its not tvs fault
    she watchs inspector gadget and wow wow wubbzy how is that bad?
    she also like blues clues and go diego go
    i dotn see how good cartoons and learning cartoons are bad for her
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• our son watched the area of the tv when he was young like that. those lights and colors must have been interesting
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2009