Not sure, Need some advice, NOW!

I have been sick in my stomache every morning after I eat, where I am almost ready to vomit so I chew a peice of peppermint gum and I feel better. I have having cramping as well. I just had my period 2 weeks ago and I am on birth control and take it every single day at the same time!! And DH and I dont have sex a lot because of my 11 month old not sleeping at night.

should I get a test?

&& we ALWAYS use condoms!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Health

• Go pick up a test, certainly, but I'm wondering if it's the BC pills doing a number on your stomach. If you're not pregnant, try switching to a different time of day for taking your pills when you start the next pack. BC pills contain the same hormone that makes you nauseous when you're pregnant (though in smaller quantities), and you may be sensitive to them (or have become sensitive to them). Are your ears stuffy? You could have an ear infection.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Personally, I would get a test just to rule out pregnancy and so I wouldn't obsess about the possibility of being pregnant. If your not pregnant then maybe call your Dr. and ask if it's a possible side effect of taking the pill. Do you take vitamins? Vitamins too early in the morning or on an empty stomach can bother you too.
    pixiemom78

Answer by pixiemom78 at 7:57 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I agree with the above posters.
    It is unlikely, but not impossible, from what you have described that you are pregnant.
    For a long time, about a half hour after breakfast I would get terrible pain in my stomach and feel sick to my stomach. I found out that it was the iron in my multivitamin that I took with breakfast. When I changed vitamins - with a different kind of iron, I no longer had the problem. Also, as anon said, BC can cause tummy problems also- check with your doctor.

Answer by Bmat at 8:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• yes, can't hurt to test.. I have been getting stomach problems in the morning too, but it's probably stress.. hope you feel better !
    dr_m

Answer by dr_m at 11:41 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I would get a test just in case but it could be you are ovualting, sometimes your body can do funky stuff when hormones are involved.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 11:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2009