Is it possible to be pregnant again so soon after my first baby?

Hello Ladies,

I had my first son exactly 3 months ago yesterday and I still have not gotten my period. I breastfeed half of the day and researched this topic. It says that if you breastfeed you may not get your "P". I had taken a test 2 weeks ago (Rite Aid) brand and nothing. Could it be possible to get pregnant even though I have not gotten my "P?" I am assuming you have to ovulate after your friend comes? Any suggestions?

Kimrita2004

Asked by Kimrita2004 at 8:26 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes you can get pregnant even tho your period hasnt come yet
    also your period could take a few months to show up
    i breasttfed for about a month and a half before my milk dried up and i just got doen with my perriod
    my daughter will be 3 months on the 22nd
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:32 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Yes it is possible, but bf does help stop your period from coming too. I bf and did not get a period for over 6 months. You don't need to get your period to become pregnant though because if you got pregnant than your period would not come. You can get pregnant that first ovulation.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 8:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I got pregnant when my first was 3 months. But I did have a period first. I was bfing but slowed down and was mainly pumping because I went back to work. That is when my period showed up and I got pregnant right away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My mom found out she was pregnant with me at her 8 week post partum visit for my brother. So we are less than a year apart. BUT....I didn't get a period for over a year when I had my babies because I breastfed.
    Anonymous

• I breast fed for 7 months and did not get a period for 9
    You can get pregnant while breast feeding, so keep that in mind
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 8:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I had my son 9 months to the day I lost my first child...
    kate3937

Answer by kate3937 at 8:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• You are extremelly fertile after you have a birth or miscarriage. i was pregnant when my second was about 2.5 months old. so now they are roughly about 12 months apart. yes. my three are all under three. lol.. YESSS
    Surfermom86

Answer by Surfermom86 at 9:16 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Yes it is possible. My next door neighbor when I grow up had two kids who were nine months apart. She get Pg the first time they did the wild thing after she had Jr.
    Alieda

Answer by Alieda at 9:38 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I just went to dr for this lol. I had my son 9 weeks ago and still no period. Dr says its because I'm nursing.. And may not have a period for up to 16 weeks
    danibaby520

Answer by danibaby520 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• yes it is possible my son was only about 1and a half when i got prenant again so be very careful
    fivechipmunks

Answer by fivechipmunks at 10:32 AM on Jul. 12, 2009