Potty training 2 year old girl-need your suggestions

My daughter will be 2 soon, we have had a potty chair for 5 months now. She has sat on it as her choice a few times, clothes on. Lately after bath, she will sit on it naked while I put drops of lotion on her, she likes to rub it in. No pee or poo yet.

Any other ideas to get her more interested?

Lotion is only thing I can think of to do when she sits, do not want to make a game of it or bring comfort things in (like snacks on potty-yuck, or blanket) want to only associate hygenie with potty.

She used to go to her place in the livingroom to poo. Now, not so much, as long as it is at home

ideas from experienced moms who have gone through potty training

Thanks
kat

boredmom44

Asked by boredmom44 at 8:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yep just take it easy. my twins are 2 yrs and 4 mos old and we arent there yet. we have had a few successes in the potty but not many. i will not force them, dont need them to get frustrated or scared of the potty. when they do go on the potty i give them a marshmellow just one small one. and if they go poo on the potty i'll give them 2. the sticker chart wouldnt work for us cause the girls love to get stickers on their hands, they wouldnt like them on a chart. good luck
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 7:53 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i'd sit my dd on the potty & pour some cool (not cold) water on her hoo-hah and that would sometimes trigger her to pee... but what finally got her motivated was a potty chart i made. i did it like a month calander and every time she'd pee or poop in the potty i'd put a little sticker on the chart. she was potty trained in about a month. GL i hope something works for you
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• put a chart on the fridge and put a star on the days she pottie on the seat. and when ever she does a full week reward her with something.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 2:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• update on poo

Isabel went to bathroom door after poo in diaper
    I put her poo in the big girl's toilet the we waved goodbye as I flushed

it's a start!
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• oh and we sing songs when they sit on the potty. they really like the Itsy Bitsy Spider.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 7:54 AM on Jul. 13, 2009