starting 2nd stage foods.

My DS has had all the stage 1 foods so now on to stage 2, but can i only introduce one flavor every 3 or 4 days like the stage one. cause there is a ton of interesting foods way more than the stage 1. He has no allergys!

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 8:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• you don't have to wait to let him try new stuff, do you want to eat the same crap for 4 days in a row?

Yes she does if it's a NEW food to make sure the baby is not allergic to it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Stage 1 and Stage 2 have the same texture. Stage 1 has smaller jars. I think you can do a new food a day, but remember they need to be tossed out after 3 days if uneaten. You may still want to go slowly. Those flavors are marketed to appeal to the parent because the baby does not have developed taste buds at this point. Even toddlers do not. Good luck, and have fun, but don't waste money.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I think if the Stage 2 foods have the same flavors as the Stage 1 foods, then it should be fine to go ahead and make enjoyable meals for him rather than testing him all over again.
    This is all new to me because when my daughters were babies they didn't have foods in stages. We just introduced them to the baby foods to see if they had any allergies and then kept on giving it to them as meals. When they were about 6 or 7 months old I would smoosh up some of the foods I had cooked for our regular meal before I added any seasonings and fed those to them. When they were old enough to eat finger foods then I gave them what we ate in tiny, choke-free pieces.
    I kind of like these Stages thing, though.
    I hope your son enjoys the new flavor blends. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:24 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I only tested the foods they hadn't tried before (like the one that has strawberries and/or blueberries in it). The stuff they had eaten in stage 1 (carrots, bananas, etc) I just gave them. Stage 1 and Stage 2 are pretty much the same thing (I think stage 2 is a little thicker).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:39 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My Ped. did say to stay away from the Mango things and strawberry flavors. Those get the most allergy related reactions.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• agree with the strawberry thing... my daughter is 4 and has no problem with them now but I was kind of young and ditzy I guess so it took me a while to figure out that the foods with strawberry in them were what was giving her a wicked diaper rash. With the 2nd foods you should already know some are pretty well tolerated and serve some different 1st stage with the second you are trying to introduce... no baby is too little for a little variety.
    Anonymous

• i posted this question and you all helped alot thanks to the mom that stuck up for me. i wouldn't wanna eat the same crap for 4 days but i also know what i'm allergic to. so thanks
    kelka24

Answer by kelka24 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2009